Image Map

Monday, October 29, 2012

Have You Voted Yet?


Not for our real president.  Although, I have heard early voting is the way to go. 

I’m talking candy.  Candy for President!!!!

We’re going to start gearing up for the election this week {provided school isn't closed foreverrrrrrr due to Sandy!} with my Candy Bar Election unit.  I am sooo excited, because I do it yearly, and it is buckets of fun! {Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for ALL the Candy Goodness!}


photo (75)

photo (77)
Pictured: Ballot Box Sign, Press ID Badge, Ballots {color & Black and White shown}, Voter Registration Card, Newspaper Article

By voting for Candy Bars, students learn all the elements of a regular election {you can even hold primaries!}, but without any influence of their parent’s political beliefs.  Plus, students KNOW CANDY.  Really well.  I’ve had students get as passionate about a Kit-Kat bar, as people do about Romney or Obama!

Here’s a peek at what else My Candy Bar Election includes:

Slide20

Slide11

Slide23

Slide29

Slide38

To make this unit fit all grade levels, many of the sheets come in a less “cutesy” format too!

Slide18

Slide36


If you’re still looking for something for the election, hurry up and snag it by clicking the Preview Picture below :)

Candy Bar Preview

Now, if you can guess which Candy Bar I would vote for, you can win this guy for FREE!  I’ll email it to the first person who guesses correctly.  Don’t forget to leave your email. 

And here’s a HINT:  My favorite Candy bar is not mentioned OR pictured above {I couldn't make it too easy!}

I’ll be spending at least the rest of the day today and tomorrow hanging out with the hubby, catching up on TV shows {as long as we have power}, and reading a book or two, while we try our best to avoid Sandy’s wrath!

Stay safe, my fellow East Coasters!

~Halle

25 comments:

  1. Snickers...? Ktemple1984@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramello- happy2scrap4life@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese's, only saying because it's my fav. tripmom99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess Payday! ventrellasara@gmail.com Love this unit!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope u all stay safe! My guess is...Peanut butter m&m's....
    Foxxyroxx@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope u all stay safe! My guess is...Peanut butter m&m's....
    Foxxyroxx@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take 5 because that's my favorite :)

    sunburst541@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's see - Sugar Babies! (or Sugar Daddy)
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twix? Butterfinger? Babyruth? Milky Way? Three Musketeers? I want this pack!!! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about Mars bar??
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baby Ruth??

    amandalawson4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since most of the things I would choose have been taken, I will go with Heath bars.

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Halle and Jenna, Thanks for visiting and following my blog. So glad you did because now I found yours, and some new inspiration! I love your post and activity for "The Best Part of Me".

    Patti
    primary practice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it a Skor Bar?

    taskcard123@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Butterfinger! This packet looks like so much fun!

    Sara :)
    livs14@gmail.com
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  16. 100 Grand Bar or maybe a Kit Kat....
    This unit looks great!

    ✞Heather
    Swinging Through Second Grade
    hdawntn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whatchmacallit? This is the favorite candy bar of the teacher across the hall. Sometimes I buy them for her...and sometimes I eat them before they make it to her room! This looks like a fun way to teach about the voting process!

    apyle AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE teaching about the election! Last Presidential election was my first year of teaching and I've been so looking forward to teaching this topic again. I like your lessons, come over to my blog and check out my election resources :)
    Thanks!
    Erin
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Milky Way Midnight! At least...that's my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a message. I'm excited because I'm one of your newest followers. Your blog is adorable! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmmm. Everything has been guessed! Maybe Hershey cookies and cream!
    Rachel
    Rachel.lamb81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. can you just post it on teacherspayteachers.com I will buy it from you! too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Are you writing a comment? Yay! I love reading them!